Spohn Pro-Series Rear Anti-Roll Drag Sway Bar - 1982-2002 GM Camaro & Firebird
Pro-Series rear anti-roll sway bar for the 1982-2002 Camaro and Firebird eliminates torque steer and body roll during hard launches and will drastically improve consistency and stability going down the track.
Sway bar will work with any stock or aftermarket rear end housing and will clear all aftermarket exhausts and suspension components.
Spohn's bar stock is 1 5/16" 4140 heat treated spring grade chrome moly
steel. The bar is entirely heat formed and coined as one piece. They put their bar through this extensive process to insure that the final product
will be the strongest, most durable bar on the market, and that it will
be the most resistant to form alteration. Most aftermarket anti-roll
bars are cold-bent mild steel making them weaker at the bends, and more
vulnerable to shape alteration. Spherical rod ended adjustable end links
allow you to pre-load your rear suspension for straight launches. They
exclusively use extra heavy-duty 5/8" spherical rod ends with Teflon
self lubricating race.
Entire kit is a bolt in installation using existing factory mounting locations. They do recommend welding the upper end link mounts to the subframe. You can completely install the kit yourself, and drive the car to a shop to have the little bit of welding completed.
- 1 5/16" solid heat treated spring grade 4140 chrome moly sway bar
- 15/16" x .156" wall silver zinc plated 4140 chrome moly extreme duty end link adjusters
- 5/8" chrome moly spherical rod ends with Teflon self lubricating race
- 3/16" CNC laser cut and formed mounting saddles with grip-lock teeth (no welding onto the rear required).
- Heavy duty 7/16" u-bolts
- 1/4" steel CNC laser cut upper end link mounts bolt to the factory upper end link mounting holes in the subframe (welding recommended after installation)
- 1 5/16" fluted polyurethane bushings and silicone grease
- Powder coated in your choice of available colors